Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 version 15.1.26403.0File size
: 25.9 GB
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the release of Visual Studio 2017 (version 15.1.26403.00). This release focuses on increasing the productivity and making it easier to create applications for mobile and cloud. A lightweight and modular installation is also a highlight feature.
Visual Studio 2017 - Productivity and performance, mobile, cloud, and devops
In this release, Microsoft has focused on four areas - productivity and performance, mobile, cloud, and devops. In its release notes, Microsoft said that 2017 release brings a lightweight and modular installation experience. It allows the developers to only get the components they need.
Microsoft also claims that Visual Studio 2017 starts up to 3 times faster as compared to Visual Studio 2015. This release is designed to support teams in a better manner, it comes with tools to provide for developing NET Core 1.0 and 1.1 apps, microservices, and Docker containers.
Xamarin integration in Visual Studio 2017 has been made better with a Xamarin Forms previewer and improved IntelliSense for Xamarin Forms XAML.
An improved Git integration will be liked by devops. Visual Studio now makes use of the Git executables. Overall, more Git functionality is available directly within the DE.
Talking about the supported platforms, Visual Studio 2017 will run on Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (version 1507 or newer), Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials Standard and Datacenter, and Windows Server 2016 Standard and Datacenter.Release Date: April 5, 2017 - version 15.1 (26403.00):
Summary of Updates in this Release
- Tools for Universal Windows App Development - Support for developing UWP apps for Windows 10 Creators Update (version 1703).
- A New Team Explorer Standalone Install.
- Sign up for, and sign in with a Microsoft account - now in one step through the first launch dialog.
- Addressed various installer reliability and accessibility issues.
- Improved Layout installer experience. Installer now appropriately respects InstallRecommended and InstallOptional.
Issues Fixed in this Release
To learn more about issues addressed in version 15.1, please visit our Developer Community Portal.About Microsoft
Microsoft Corporation, leading developer of personal-computer software systems and applications. The company also publishes books and multimedia titles, offers e-mail services, and sells electronic game systems, computer peripherals (input/output devices), and portable media players. It has sales offices throughout the world.
Release NotesWhat's New in this Release
- A New Team Explorer Standalone Install
Visual Studio Team Explorer 2017 is a rich, standalone client for accessing Team Foundation Server and Visual Studio Team Services and is free for any user. This install only includes Team Explorer so you can access version control and work item tracking without other IDE components.
Tools for Universal Windows App Development
The Universal Windows App workload now includes the Creators Update SDK (10.0.15063), allowing you to build apps for the Windows 10 Creators Update (version 1703). In addition, this release includes the following enhancements:
- Starting with the Creators Update SDK, the Windows 10 SDK will install side by side, allowing you to use a single machine to build production-ready apps that target the released version of the SDK as well as begin testing new OS features delivered by a Preview Windows SDK.
- NuGet package management has been improved by using PackageReference to replace package.config and package.json.
- An enhanced .NET Native Compiler that is now delivered as a NuGet package.
Visual Studio includes improved tooling support for XAML controls that are delivered as NuGet packages.
- IntelliSense in the XAML editor now highlights XAML types and properties that are not supported in the version of the SDK that your app is targeting.
Version: 2017 version 15.1.26403.00 Enterprise or Professional
Supported Architectures: 32bit / 64bit
System Requirements: PC
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7even SP1 / 8.x / 10 / Server 2012 R2 / 2016Homepage
Links are Interchangeable - No Password - Single Extraction